WorkBC Online Employment Services (OES)
WorkBC provides a wide range of free employment services to job seekers in British Columbia to help prepare for, find, and keep good jobs. Online Employment Services (OES) is a secure portal that lets you connect with WorkBC electronically.Learn about WorkBC services for job seekers
What can you do in Online Employment Services (OES)?
You can use OES to do the following:
- Complete an application for WorkBC services
- Upload documents to support your application
- Communicate directly with WorkBC Centre staff
- View your personal action plan
Want to get started?
Find out how to get secure online access and register for an OES account.Learn more
Here are the WorkBC services that you can apply for through OES.
Register or sign in to OES
If you are ready to apply, select register now. If you have previously registered, OR you have an existing WorkBC case, select Sign In to access your OES account.
Frequently Asked Questions
The BC Services Card is a physical ID that provides secure access to government services. Sometimes people still call it a CareCard or a Health Card. You can use it to create an online BC Services Card account to access online government services. To set up an account, you need to provide government-issued ID and do a security check to verify your identity.
Benefits of using BCeID and BC Service Card:
- Convenience: Many government services are available online.
- Security: Secure technology and policies to enable authorized access to information.
- Privacy: Any personal information is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or other applicable legislation.
An Online Employment Services (OES) account allows you to apply for WorkBC services, view your service details, and communicate securely with your local WorkBC centre.
You can also share information with your WorkBC Centre within the OES portal.
Regardless of what secure ID you use to register for OES, your privacy is always protected.
To apply for WorkBC services, follow these steps:
- Get a secure ID for signing in – you can use either a BC Services Card or Basic BCeID
- Register for OES – you will need to provide some personal information and select a service to apply for
- Complete your application – for the service that you selected
You can find out more about Steps 1 and 2 on our Get Started page. For Step 3, visit WorkBC.ca to learn more about available services and what you need to apply.
Your WorkBC Centre will let you know if you are eligible for services after they review your completed application in OES.
You can also visit the Employment Services Eligibility page to review the criteria.
It is very important to use the same secure ID consistently because your information within the OES portal is connected to this ID.
If you forgot your Basic BCeID username and/or password, visit the BCeID site to reset your password or find your user ID. It will help you restore your access with same secure ID.
Download the WorkBC app
The WorkBC app is an extension of Online Employment Services. It provides a quick, convenient, and secure method to access everything you need. Download the app today to your iOS or Android mobile device.Learn more